In the National Hockey League, the playoff beard is a sacred tradition that is well known throughout the sports world. However, what people might be unaware of is that there is a beard revolution going on in the MLB. It’s a long season, the beards are only getting longer, and they don’t even need it to be playoff time.
10. Jake (I’ve Got Magic in this Beard) Arrieta
9. Wade (Coffee Shop Grunge Rocker) Miley
8. Sean (Top O’ The Mornin’ To Ya) Doolittle
7. Derek (I’ll Pillage Your Village) Norris
6. Andrew (I Swear My Beard is Real) Cashner
5. Kevin (Never Used a Comb) Quackenbush
4. Dallas (Crumb Duster) Keuchel
3. Charlie (Let it Grow) Blackmon
2. Jayson (Jesus) Werth
1. John (Dreadful Beard) Jaso
I know John Jaso coming in at number one might be a little bit disappointing for some, but nothing screams “I want to be on some type of top ten list” more. So let’s make him happy. Let’s just hope no one follows Jaso; we don’t need a dreads revolution in the MLB anytime soon.